Skip to main content

KABATAAN, SA SAYAW NG PANAHON

This was my feature news written last November 28, 2014. It was officially aired in a radio station (A.M.). 

Grateful.


 By the way I am an Intern on that radio station and our boss told me to write something about the youth. Second week of December is Youth Week.



Masikip. Mainit. Maingay.

Tatlong bagay na ibinubulong ng mga miyembro ng League of the Filipino Students (LFS), Anakbayan at Kabataan Party-List habang sila'y hingal na tumatakbo sa kahabaan ng pamosong kalye Mendiola.




League of the Filipino Students 

Anakbayan

Kabataan Party List


Ngunit...

Karapatan. Kalayaan. Kapayapaan.

Ang tanging adhikain na isinisigaw nitong mulat na kabataan.

Nang pasimulaanan ang linggo ng kabataan, ay unti-unti silang naipakilala bilang epektibong sektor ng lipunan. Bagama't hilaw pa ang kaisipan, nagmistulang isang malaking alon ang ideolohiyang kanilang ipinaglalaban. Piping saksi dito ang mga karatulang tangan bilang armas ng pagbabago. Subalit hindi maikakaila na sa bawat protesta, kapalit ay karahasan at kasukdulan.

Sa patuloy na pagpapalit ng administrasyon, binigyan ng karapatan ang kabataan na mamuno kasabay ng mga trapo na pulitiko. Nakikisabay at nangingialam sa pamumuno para sa kapakanan ng sektor na kanilang kinabibilangan. Subalit paano kung ang sistemang kinalakihan ang siyang nanakaw sa karapatang ito?

Republic Act No. 10632. Nilagdaan ni Pangulong Aquino na nagsasaad ng pagpapaliban ng eleksyon para sa Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) noong Oktubre 28, 2013. Mula sa lagdang ito, nagbunga ng kaugnay na resolusyon sa imahe ni Davao Del Norte Rep. Anthony Del Rosario at Baguio City Rep. Nicasio Aliping Jr.. Nagmistulang "domino effect" ang pasahan ng petsa mula Oktubre hanggang Pebrero 21, 2015. Ngunit tila natangay ang Komisyon ng Eleksyon sa laro ng iilan at inaprubahan muli ang pagpapaliban.

Reporma ang tanging nagsisilbing solusyon sa korupsyon sa ating lokal na gobyerno ngunit hanggang nananatili ang pondo ng Sangguniang Kabataan sa Barangay, ito ay malayo sa katotohanan.

Sa paglipas ng panahon, ang anyo ng katapangan ang siyang lalamon sa kabataan. Magsisilbi silang tagataguyod ng mga prinsipyong simbolo ng kanilang kamulatan.

Sa nalalapit na pagdiriwang ng Linggo ng Kabataan, marapat isaisip na hindi lamang kayo isang dekorasyon kundi isang elemento na bubuo sa sistema ng lipunan. Patunay dito, ang pagsabay sa indak ng panahon at pagbuo ng sariling musika sa gitna ng unos.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pico de Loro: First Hike, Pers Lab

I'd never got an opportunity to update my blog for months now until this first experience of mine left me under the varying scenes of clouds and land all in one frame. I felt so ecstatic not just because I had conquered my first ever mountain experience regardless of screaming sky and clay of mud but also the change of the setting had improved my system. Imagine from the hustle and bustle of street life to the peaceful and euphoric sounds of crickets one will appreciate that nature is indeed God's way of saying, "Take your break child. Go. Breathe my fresh air and see how paradise was like during Genesis." It had never occurred in my indefatigable mind that I would automatically shuts down my fear and let my feet drag me higher and be on the summit. Despite of decreasing air in my lungs and the aches of my body (especially my feet) I was relieved when I saw butterflies flying enthusiastically around us! And I ha...

Lowell Thomas and A short-cut to Distinction

ALPHABET SERIES /part 12/ The ability to speak is a short-cut to distinction. It puts a man in the limelight, raises him head and shoulders above the crowd. And the man who can speak acceptably is usually given credit for an ability out of all proportion to what he really possesses. Dale Carnegie claims that any man can talk when he gets mad. He says that if you hit the most ignorant man in town on the jaw and knock him down, he will get on his feet and talk with an eloquence, heat, and emphasis that would have rivaled William Jennings Bryan in his palmiest days. He claims that almost any man can speak acceptably in public if he has self-confidence and an idea that is boiling and stewing within him. The way to develop self-confidence, he says, is to do the thing you fear to do and get a record of successful experiences behind you. -- from the book How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie <A short-cut to Distinction by Lowell Thomas> ...

One Hundred

There are songs behind all those smiles and there are anthems behind all those sadness. But I always find myself creating anthems. Isn't the world more cruel than Ares? Or this is just my mind full of inconsistencies and fragments of overwhelming grief? I sat at the corner facing the darkness of a room and holding my cheap and out of tune guitar. I write it. All my feelings are processing in just a single drop of blood. It is so amazing how the blood runs through a piece of paper transforming itself into an organize tint. The tint says it all. First, that I am waiting to see your face. Hoping that on one enchanting day, I will see your glooming smile, your soft lips and the overly wonderful lashes playing on your eyes in that fast food chain and are awaiting my return. Second, that I will receive this one simple and sweet message; "I miss you." Third, that we will be able to hold each others hands while walking in the busy street full of honking and shouting. Fourth,...