Skip to main content

Pico de Loro: First Hike, Pers Lab

I'd never got an opportunity to update my blog for months now until this first experience of mine left me under the varying scenes of clouds and land all in one frame.






I felt so ecstatic not just because I had conquered my first ever mountain experience regardless of screaming sky and clay of mud but also the change of the setting had improved my system. Imagine from the hustle and bustle of street life to the peaceful and euphoric sounds of crickets one will appreciate that nature is indeed God's way of saying, "Take your break child. Go. Breathe my fresh air and see how paradise was like during Genesis."






















It had never occurred in my indefatigable mind that I would automatically shuts down my fear and let my feet drag me higher and be on the summit. Despite of decreasing air in my lungs and the aches of my body (especially my feet) I was relieved when I saw butterflies flying enthusiastically around us! And I haven't seen any butterfly for years until now! (I am not exaggerating believe me but the truth, literally, butterflies are rare nowadays in cities unless you would have spent your weekend in a butterfly farm). Seeing them with wonderful hues of blue, violet and pink have given me the backtrack sound (probably "Mother Nature's Son" which is The Beatles') of old scenarios wherein trees were on the boulevard chasing the direction of the wind or of birds as typical sightings outside the concrete homes we were all in. But like I said "backtrack" and it was completely impossible to go back to that 90's hit.










Anyway, before I got enraptured by Pico de Loro's magnificent beauty, I initially did quick punches on the keys and found out that it was the Spanish sea-farer who had given the mountain its name. It was originated mainly by its natural structure as it represented the "Parrots' Beak". The summit has the Parrot's mouth and the resemblance is of no doubt.



By the way, Mt. Pico de Loro is also known as Mt. Palay-Palay. It is a dormant volcano found in Cavite province.









A few detours before the big day, I decided to hit the slack away and tried to stretch my unused nerves rather than be on the bed all day counting how many arrows I've been used up for my defense and attack at Clash of Clans. So I jogged for one hour each day before August 13, 2015 and found my body conditioned as ever. While some people said that it was just a hike on the mountain and one don't need any preparation s**t about it, I proceeded with the thought that maybe they are not true mountaineers. Because a true agent of nature always readies himself (and his soul) for his meeting with God's paradise. He does not need elegant attire nor expensive head dress for this union but being physically and spiritually prepared for Him are the best one could do.














Speaking of true agents of nature, I have met these three ladies,




whom I can say have taught me that the word "kilig" was not just for Alden and Yaya Dub's exchanging of sweet fan signs but also being enthrall seeing the wonders of enchanting Mt. Pico de Loro zooming in front of us. True agents as they are, we started our hike with single and solemn prayer that sealed with Amen! They also taught me the basic (and for me the most important) courtesy when hiking. Being courteous is an indispensable obligation if you want to become a professional hiker. And these three ladies for me are all professionals!




The hike to the base camp had taken us two hours. The way was not that hiker-friendly because rains had prevailed early that week. But on the brighter side, storm had become our friend since it did not tried to ruined our fun! (Ha Ha). The mud was of no joke because every time we tried to take one step higher, it was always there on our beloved shoes clinging as if they also want to be on the summit.






















It was also a splendid achievement to initially conquer the base camp. From there, the spectacular view of Cavite had summoned us to just stand on the edge of the cliff, awe stricken by that live show of natural beauty and elegance brought by a mass of green trees and audiences of birds.

From the base camp, we continued our way to the summit. Unlike on the preceding trails, this was steeper and even though we did not want the tour guide to accompany us, they did anyway. It was actually a 10-minute walk from the base camp up to the summit (depending upon the strength you have in your system)

There were hikers who did not want to go further than the summit. Yes there was something to look forward to other than the summit and it happened to be the last stop of the adventure. I am talking about this one big chunk of rock they call "The Monolith". With greatest of efforts and perseverance (and of course COURAGE!) one can reach it using an old-aged rope.











It was indeed truly amazing how this kind of experience had brought so much joy in me. I'm not an outdoor enthusiast at all but I do love adventures which have always happened in my books. I cannot create a fantastic story out of this but the fact that it adds another chapter in my self-made fantasy art is what really matters.

Remembering the time that I was on the summit, 






and literally had been touching the clouds (and of course BUTTERFLIES!) were two of the best moments in my life!














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When The World Says It's Over

    "Maybe I'm just too numb to realize that cats will never be with rats forever." WINTER OF 2000     You are my safe haven.     Once, I dreamt of a beautiful castle just like in fairy tales guarded by hundreds of sentinel and served by thous ands of  maids and butlers. But now, I'd just dream of a home. Being a solitary creature, I enjoy every moment with myself, pleasuring the time left in my fabricated hour glass and making my own time machine for rewinding auspicious moments...      Until you came...     Every time I see you outside my porch, half-smiling with the gentle blow of the wind on your face, I realized that I am no longer a loner. That morning, you came with your enchanting militaristic posture. And I know, as you also knew that, that was the reason why my heart started beating with the rhythm th at's e xactly your own.     You h ave  entered to my so-called solitary sanctuary and changed everything. "I have to set everything aside."

CAROUSEL'S CAROL

  ALPHABET SERIES /part 3/   Joyful tears cascaded down my cheek,     as the striking piece of memory pops like a gee.     The calendar was still ringing with mental traces,     while the history of my timeline presents. In this 6-cycle carousel, where laughter are dancing with the wind, where colts are running with a hard tail  of course hair, where old folks are turning like 7-year old kids. "  I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes." Carl Sandburg declared. " The future is purchased by the present." Samuel Johnson said. " When all else is lost, the future still remains." Christian Nestell Bovee cited. But for me, all would have treasured in the end.     Singing the lullaby of the ended days,     Pursuing to locked in the invented brains.     It maybe a child's game,     but happiness are all the same.

PAG-IBIG SA DULO NG LAPIS

Slam poetry vol. 1 (FREE WRITING) PAG-IBIG SA DULO NG LAPIS oo oo ang sinabi mo 'nung una kitang tinanong kung mahal mo ko oo din ang bumulusok mula sa nakangiti kong labi 'nung tinanong mo kung mahal kita ngunit hindi... hindi ang iyong tugon sa tanong kong, KAYA MO BA AKONG IPAGLABAN? hindi din ang sagot ko sa tanong mo na, KAYA MO BA AKONG BITAWAN? Siguro nga pareho lang tayo... Pareho lahat sa mga sagot na nilikha natin Pero tututol ako kapag sinabi nilang magkatugma ang mga tanong natin Lahat ata hindi maari... lahat ata ay di akin. Mabuti na nga lang sa mga panahong hindi ko maintindihan kung may TAYO ba, Naiisip ko na lang ang future na TAYO na. Mali ba? Mali bang maramdaman na kahit sa maikling sandali lang ay naging bahagi ka ng buhay ko? at naging bahagi ako ng buhay mo? kahit isang malaking fuck you ang lahat. natatandaan ko pa 'non, pa-ngiti ngiti ka pa sa harap ko. nahuhuli ko 'yang mga mata mo, lumiliwanag kapag nakikita