Skip to main content

Happiness for Sale: Is it possible?

Happiness has its special part in everyone's lives. And sometimes when that certain happiness comes our way, the perfect natural bliss leads us to the top of the clouds. But when an external force corrupts the fairy tales in us, depression will automatically shots unexpectedly.

I am in the process of creating a story and my theme is about happiness. I asked my friend about her opinion on my subject. She told me it is unique but there is a certain aspect which is missing. Anyway, I will not going to elaborate my story here, I just want to share our conversation on facebook. My friend is a very good critic. She has her own way about everything. But sometimes she finds herself battling thousands. She always on the losing side but I always agree to what she is saying. And that will become our side versus the thousands.

And our conversation goes like this:

HER
May i-su-suggest ako sayo.

ME
About what?

HER
'Bout your story

ME
Sige, ano 'yun?

HER
Nakaka-develop kasi ako ngayon ng fear of 
happiness. Ha!ha!ha! Pero mild lang.

ME
Ha? In what way? Grabe weird mo talaga.

HER
'Yung feeling na sobrang fan ka ng happiness pero
para bang pinagkakait sayo. Tapos feeling mo pa lagi 
na kapag masaya ka, may kapalit. Siguro base on my experience 
na rin.

I did not reply to that. And after a moment, she typed:

HER
Lagi kasing ganoon. 'Yung happy ako ngayon tapos maya-maya
out of nowhere bigla na lang may
reason para ma-down ka.

ME
Kasi you're thinking that way. Don't overthink.

HER
Kaya feeling ko kapag happy ako babala na 'yun 
na may nagbabadyang trahedya. Ha!ha!ha!

ME
Ako nga, always searching for it eh! Ha!ha!ha!

I waited for her reply and then suddenly, I felt the grief on the tone of her words when she typed:

HER
What if happiness can be bought? Siguro bibili ako ng
madami. Bultuhan para may reserba.

I did not know then that her words were came out based on her realistic view about her own happiness. I just replied a crying emoticon.

HER
What if your own happiness doesn't even want you to become happy?

I am dumbfounded but I typed:

ME
Minsan kasi kalaban natin 'yung sarili nating kasiyahan.

She did not react to my reply but she gave her view about her previous comment.

HER
Yes you can buy bunches of it. Pero artificial lang
siya. Hindi totoo.

And then I replied:

ME
Kaya one day we will just find out na hindi tayo naging masaya
sa sarili nating kasiyahan.

I agreed to her about one thing:

ME
Tama, artificial lang. 'Yan ang tumbok ng story ko.

HER
Mas made-depress ka pa lalo kasi alam mong hindi
totoo. Kasi wala ka ng ibang way para maging
masaya kundi ang bumili nito. Mas masakit 'yon.
Kalaban natin si happiness pag may takot tayo.

She revises my thought that's why I defended my idea.

ME
Minsan kasi in an hour gusto mong balikan 'yung 
mga bagay na nakapagpapasaya sayo hanggang 
sa dumating na 'yung point na mare-realize mo na
you have to stop and earn natural happiness.

HER
True!

ME
Ginagamit 'yung kasiyahan para makapag-move-on

HER
Hindi mo mapipilit maging masaya ang taong miserable.
Kaya nga may salitang move-on. Kapag
miserable ka sarado ka sa lahat ng bagay!

ME
That's the point. Your're miserable. Kapag nagtuloy tuloy yan
at wala nang break, suicide and depression ang kasunod nyan.
That's why sa story ko, rest your miserable life in one hour,
gawin mong routine hanggang sa magsawa ka na
at makapag-move-on

HER
Mayroon ding mga taong searching for happiness 
kasi miserable sila. But at the end of the day pag wala
na yung hang-over ng happiness, ano ba
ang nangyayari? Diba masakit pa din naman.

She asked me something...

HER
Naging miserable ka na ba? 'Coz one can only tell.
Even time can't heal a broken heart or a broken life.

I did not respond. And she agreed to me:

HER
Oo nababawasan. Pero nandiyan pa rin yan. No matter what!

ME
That's why dapat may external force kang kukunin, kumbaga isang tao o
material o situation na makakasama mo once the
hangover got better. Kaya nga in reality may mga tao na 
nagta-trabaho na lang o kaya nag-iiba ng lifestyle, o
kaya binubuhos sa isang tao 'yung full attention para
di na mabalikan 'yung miserable situation.

HER
Siguro gawin mo sa story mo, hindi kaya ng tech na maging 
masaya siya kasi hindi niya doon mahahanap yun! Sa ka-loveteam niya!
Ha!ha!ha!.May dadating kasi sa buhay ng isang
broken na tutulungan siya na bumangon pero
syempre matatakot na maulit ulit lahat ng miseries.

ME
'Yun nga yung point ng story ko. Nakuha mo! Ha!ha!ha!

After that, we said our goodnights and reality strikes to me...

Life would be easier if we can buy the intangible things that would make us happy. But that is far from reality. Sometimes facing the truth isn't easy but we have to. We are not living in a fairy tale world but we can create happy ending stories if we will use our imagination because I know through it, we are infinite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When The World Says It's Over

    "Maybe I'm just too numb to realize that cats will never be with rats forever." WINTER OF 2000     You are my safe haven.     Once, I dreamt of a beautiful castle just like in fairy tales guarded by hundreds of sentinel and served by thous ands of  maids and butlers. But now, I'd just dream of a home. Being a solitary creature, I enjoy every moment with myself, pleasuring the time left in my fabricated hour glass and making my own time machine for rewinding auspicious moments...      Until you came...     Every time I see you outside my porch, half-smiling with the gentle blow of the wind on your face, I realized that I am no longer a loner. That morning, you came with your enchanting militaristic posture. And I know, as you also knew that, that was the reason why my heart started beating with the rhythm th at's e xactly your own.     You h ave  entered to my so-called solitary sanctuary and changed everything. "I have to set everything aside."

CAROUSEL'S CAROL

  ALPHABET SERIES /part 3/   Joyful tears cascaded down my cheek,     as the striking piece of memory pops like a gee.     The calendar was still ringing with mental traces,     while the history of my timeline presents. In this 6-cycle carousel, where laughter are dancing with the wind, where colts are running with a hard tail  of course hair, where old folks are turning like 7-year old kids. "  I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes." Carl Sandburg declared. " The future is purchased by the present." Samuel Johnson said. " When all else is lost, the future still remains." Christian Nestell Bovee cited. But for me, all would have treasured in the end.     Singing the lullaby of the ended days,     Pursuing to locked in the invented brains.     It maybe a child's game,     but happiness are all the same.

PAG-IBIG SA DULO NG LAPIS

Slam poetry vol. 1 (FREE WRITING) PAG-IBIG SA DULO NG LAPIS oo oo ang sinabi mo 'nung una kitang tinanong kung mahal mo ko oo din ang bumulusok mula sa nakangiti kong labi 'nung tinanong mo kung mahal kita ngunit hindi... hindi ang iyong tugon sa tanong kong, KAYA MO BA AKONG IPAGLABAN? hindi din ang sagot ko sa tanong mo na, KAYA MO BA AKONG BITAWAN? Siguro nga pareho lang tayo... Pareho lahat sa mga sagot na nilikha natin Pero tututol ako kapag sinabi nilang magkatugma ang mga tanong natin Lahat ata hindi maari... lahat ata ay di akin. Mabuti na nga lang sa mga panahong hindi ko maintindihan kung may TAYO ba, Naiisip ko na lang ang future na TAYO na. Mali ba? Mali bang maramdaman na kahit sa maikling sandali lang ay naging bahagi ka ng buhay ko? at naging bahagi ako ng buhay mo? kahit isang malaking fuck you ang lahat. natatandaan ko pa 'non, pa-ngiti ngiti ka pa sa harap ko. nahuhuli ko 'yang mga mata mo, lumiliwanag kapag nakikita