Skip to main content

HOUSE BILL 5225 (VIOLATION KEPT HIDDEN)

Sometimes violation cannot be seen. We are restricted to label them as one because we are busy pushing ourselves to the waves of narrow-minded people.

I fully remembered the day when I was walking alone inside a not so famous mall, scrubbing my shoulders to the full-length windows of different stores and making wishes that all of these clothes and shoes could be mine forever (fingers crossed!) while sipping my favorite nai cha (milk tea).

After an hour of walking and wishing and sipping, I just suddenly felt a need for bathroom. I searched for one and when I am about to enter the comfort room (it is not for comfort, seriously), a guard or whatever you called it suddenly waved at me and said, 

"Ma'am bayad po muna." 

I felt the raged of blood inside my system and asked her, 

"Ha? Bakit po may bayad? Diba po public toilet ito?" 

And then she replied with uneasiness, "May bayad po five pesos, kung ayaw niyo po doon na lang kayo mag c-r sa kabila."

Dumbfounded, I rushed to the other side of the mall and there I found a free comfort room.

...

Quezon City Representative Winston Castelo, in his House Bill 5225, prohibits the malls and other establishments to collect fees for the use of comfort rooms. He said that this is an ancillary service (which is in fact correct) that will freely given to the customers and mall-goers.

However, the sad state of reality defines this house bill as a "waste" which is very disheartening. Almost all the largest malls in the Philippines have this kind of policy. 

As my mind would actually remembers, it is the responsibility of every mall owner to have comfort rooms for their customers. But the very sad fact is that the customer should choose between an unpaid, foul odor comfort room or a paid, pleasant comfort room. A choice that would never be fair at all because most of the people especially in a place where socialite is invisible and highly-branded stores have no place for operation,  it is impossible for them to pay... because every penny is worth saving.

Mr Castelo is very clear on this bill and this should not be put to waste. I agree with him that there is no single customer who is willing to pay for this fee. This is just for profit. This is just for their big-bulge pocket!

Comfort room is an essential part of every establishments especially in malls where thousands of people go. Paying for it is a clear violation. Violation which is always hidden from the naked and innocent minds of the people.

A lady with a blue mask is guarding an executive comfort room with white-tiled floor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When The World Says It's Over

    "Maybe I'm just too numb to realize that cats will never be with rats forever." WINTER OF 2000     You are my safe haven.     Once, I dreamt of a beautiful castle just like in fairy tales guarded by hundreds of sentinel and served by thous ands of  maids and butlers. But now, I'd just dream of a home. Being a solitary creature, I enjoy every moment with myself, pleasuring the time left in my fabricated hour glass and making my own time machine for rewinding auspicious moments...      Until you came...     Every time I see you outside my porch, half-smiling with the gentle blow of the wind on your face, I realized that I am no longer a loner. That morning, you came with your enchanting militaristic posture. And I know, as you also knew that, that was the reason why my heart started beating with the rhythm th at's e xactly your own.     You h ave  entered to my so-called solitary sanctuary and changed everything. "I have to set everything aside."

CAROUSEL'S CAROL

  ALPHABET SERIES /part 3/   Joyful tears cascaded down my cheek,     as the striking piece of memory pops like a gee.     The calendar was still ringing with mental traces,     while the history of my timeline presents. In this 6-cycle carousel, where laughter are dancing with the wind, where colts are running with a hard tail  of course hair, where old folks are turning like 7-year old kids. "  I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes." Carl Sandburg declared. " The future is purchased by the present." Samuel Johnson said. " When all else is lost, the future still remains." Christian Nestell Bovee cited. But for me, all would have treasured in the end.     Singing the lullaby of the ended days,     Pursuing to locked in the invented brains.     It maybe a child's game,     but happiness are all the same.

PAG-IBIG SA DULO NG LAPIS

Slam poetry vol. 1 (FREE WRITING) PAG-IBIG SA DULO NG LAPIS oo oo ang sinabi mo 'nung una kitang tinanong kung mahal mo ko oo din ang bumulusok mula sa nakangiti kong labi 'nung tinanong mo kung mahal kita ngunit hindi... hindi ang iyong tugon sa tanong kong, KAYA MO BA AKONG IPAGLABAN? hindi din ang sagot ko sa tanong mo na, KAYA MO BA AKONG BITAWAN? Siguro nga pareho lang tayo... Pareho lahat sa mga sagot na nilikha natin Pero tututol ako kapag sinabi nilang magkatugma ang mga tanong natin Lahat ata hindi maari... lahat ata ay di akin. Mabuti na nga lang sa mga panahong hindi ko maintindihan kung may TAYO ba, Naiisip ko na lang ang future na TAYO na. Mali ba? Mali bang maramdaman na kahit sa maikling sandali lang ay naging bahagi ka ng buhay ko? at naging bahagi ako ng buhay mo? kahit isang malaking fuck you ang lahat. natatandaan ko pa 'non, pa-ngiti ngiti ka pa sa harap ko. nahuhuli ko 'yang mga mata mo, lumiliwanag kapag nakikita