Skip to main content

We have nothing but hope

IN the midst of struggle between survival and hope, we came to think about the euphoric past that was left behind. For me? It was lost.


IN this forgotten corner of the war ground, where rosary and prayers were the only weapon we had, came a very destructive point of our existence.


SACRIFICES were all begun last August 07, 2012 where Laguna Lake had expanded and eaten this forgotten corner that we live in. For me? It was lost.


AS my naked feet touched the cold and unforgiving flood, I knew that I had to stained my own feet with tears from grieving people. Whenever these happened, I saw the faces covering with confusions and questions like, "Why should always be us?", "Was this a coincidental effect of nature?", "Or was this a reciprocal form of damaging God's greatest gift?". Well, for me? It was lost.


I had to reconsidered my thought that God was unfair. He'd done things like our sufferings just to proved that He was the boss. But stream of another thoughts came rushing within me that He was never be wrong.
This was our fate.
This was His plan.
And we were He's.


WHEN we were on a self-proclaimed boat, which was our man-made boundary from grief, I had seen another kind of people, the one I had seen from the past --- before the destruction. They were all smiling as if the angels from above had gotten to their feet. I know that this was our survival.


THE smiles behind the agonies told me that I was never be alone, that I had came here on this very corner of the Earth to shared the most important thing in my life that time...
And it was survival.


I tried not to let the tears to cascade down my cheek, as people tried not to sweat with blood. I had to be strong. I had to open the pathway like Noah.


I knew these sea of people. And I am part of the sea.


EVACUATION CENTER


APPROACHING OUR HOME WITH A BOAT


MAN HANDLING HIS TRICYCLE AND DOG 


OUR NEIGHBOR'S SARI-SARI STORE


CHILDREN ON THEIR WAY HOME


TRYING TO SADDLE ...


 DENTAL CLINIC


 APPROACHING PHASE 6


 TEMPORARY SHELTER ABOVE THE HOUSE


PHASE 2


BARANGAY'S COVERED COURT


EVACUEES' CLOTHES


PEOPLE MAKE A LIVING





























OPEN THE GATE... AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lowell Thomas and A short-cut to Distinction

ALPHABET SERIES /part 12/ The ability to speak is a short-cut to distinction. It puts a man in the limelight, raises him head and shoulders above the crowd. And the man who can speak acceptably is usually given credit for an ability out of all proportion to what he really possesses. Dale Carnegie claims that any man can talk when he gets mad. He says that if you hit the most ignorant man in town on the jaw and knock him down, he will get on his feet and talk with an eloquence, heat, and emphasis that would have rivaled William Jennings Bryan in his palmiest days. He claims that almost any man can speak acceptably in public if he has self-confidence and an idea that is boiling and stewing within him. The way to develop self-confidence, he says, is to do the thing you fear to do and get a record of successful experiences behind you. -- from the book How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie <A short-cut to Distinction by Lowell Thomas> ...

Pico de Loro: First Hike, Pers Lab

I'd never got an opportunity to update my blog for months now until this first experience of mine left me under the varying scenes of clouds and land all in one frame. I felt so ecstatic not just because I had conquered my first ever mountain experience regardless of screaming sky and clay of mud but also the change of the setting had improved my system. Imagine from the hustle and bustle of street life to the peaceful and euphoric sounds of crickets one will appreciate that nature is indeed God's way of saying, "Take your break child. Go. Breathe my fresh air and see how paradise was like during Genesis." It had never occurred in my indefatigable mind that I would automatically shuts down my fear and let my feet drag me higher and be on the summit. Despite of decreasing air in my lungs and the aches of my body (especially my feet) I was relieved when I saw butterflies flying enthusiastically around us! And I ha...

October's Fall

ALPHABET SERIES /part 15/ The day you came to my life wasn't an expectation. Since then, I never noticed that you were entering my life in just a few enchanting moments. Yah, I know that this quite exaggerating but all I can say, "BEING WITH YOU WAS THE SWEETEST ALLEGATIONS OF MY MIND TO MY HEART." I found myself guilty of loving you with non-bailable case. Yes, we were luckily in love with each other but our love was not forever I should say. I'm sorry if I came this to far when at the end I had to bid goodbye. Goodbye was the word for farewell, "WE WERE FALLING APART." You said to me intermittently that you were mine; that you built your own happiness with me. It sounded like my forever, shouting through my veins and creating a flow of tenderness. But time flew so fast that feelings were eviscerated and forever was ended. Loving you was my past and now MY HEART WAS COLD AS ICE IN TERMS OF YOUR NAME. You came to my life unexpectedly like m...